What type of glass do you use in your sash windows? - Quickslide Windows & Doors

What type of glass do you use in your sash windows?

Share this story!

Share this post to any popular social media, email it to a friend or print it off.

The glass we use for our uPVC sash windows is a 24mm air-filled double glazed unit. As standard the unit will comprise of 4mm clear glass to the outside and 4mm Low E glass on the inside. The Low E glass is a special type of glass, which blocks out UV rays but still lets natural light enter. The Low E coating also reflects the warm air back into your room instead of allowing it to leak outside. You have the option of upgrading your glass unit to be argon gas-filled. With this upgrade the heat conductance between the panes will be reduced and your sash windows will achieve a superb energy rating of ‘A’. If you live in a noisy neighbourhood you also have the option of choosing acoustic laminated glass, which comes with a noise reducing interlayer to help keep your home nice and quiet

© 2022 Quickslide. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy || Cookie Policy || Consumer Terms & Conditions || Trade Terms & Conditions

Get a Price Find an Installer