Apprentice Production Supervisor
Hours: Full Time
- Manage production output for the shift, ensure daily targets are achieved by the team.
- Manage stock levels within the department, including ordering of all components.
- Health & Safety Management; ensure that staff are working safely in line with the SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) and wearing required PPE where required.
- Reported any accidents, incidents or near misses to your line manager immediately.
- Ensure production quality is to the highest standard.
- Planning daily schedules in advance, organising staff resourcing and escalating any issues that may arise.
- Responsible for informing and expediting critical data. This will cover labour, machines and materials as well as line balancing, reporting any issues to your line manager.
- Be able to give live reports on achievements/outputs and deviations from required goals and targets.
- Carrying out performance reviews with staff and returns to works, ensuring that any absence issues are reported to supervisors on a daily basis.
- Attend weekly reviews with your line manager.
- Lead by example exhibit the correct behaviours and display the correct attitude.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request when required.
- Review systems/processes to achieve continuous improvement in your department.
- Addressing key issues such as downtime making sure this is valid.
We currently have a vacancy for an Apprentice Production Supervisor working three shifts shift reporting to the Production Manager. The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate their ability to lead by example, have good organisational skills, with the ability to problem solve and prioritise workloads, whilst leading a team.
The Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience include:
- Excellent and timely decision-making skills.
- Independent problem solver.
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- Excellent product knowledge of all areas in your production area.
- Demonstrate good people management techniques in motivation, development and communication.
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office, Excel, Word Outlook.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Target driven.
- First Aid trained or willing to become a First Aider.